Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I personally dont own this specific product from Amazon, however, I have LOTS of experience with similar Starrat calipers. I worked in a machine shop where I frequently used the caliper to check measurements on critical components.
We had many "throw away" calipers which cost 20 bucks and are great for making pieces that aren't critical. However, when it came time to make critical measurements, the master machinist and I would rely on one caliper and only one- the Starrat. It continually gave us PERFECT readings and held up well. All the while the 20 dollar calipers would go out after the first sign of misuse, dirt, oil, or whatever.
The Starrat kept working, it does however require continual maintenance to keep it in good shape, after all it costs several hundred dollars...why not keep it in shape.
I'm not positive, but I believe these can be re-machined to factory spec when they began to lose their touch, at least thats what I was told by the master machinist.
If you want the best, Starrat is the answer, that I know for sure.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Starrett 120JZ-6 Offset Dial Caliper, 0-6" Range
This tool has an adjustable jaw for versatility when measuring different planes that can't be reached with a regular caliper. The reference jaw is adjustable in height to be either longer or shorter than the sliding jaw. It's having hardened stainless steel bar, measuring surfaces, rack, gears and depth rod. Parallel lines can be scribed on a workpiece by setting the caliper jaw to the required dimensions, locking the movable jaw with the lock screw and then using the front edge of the fixed jaw as the scribing surface. Features are positive, split-gear anti-backlash control, rack teeth point down to make it easy to shed foreign matter and thereby keep the area clean.
Click here for more information about Starrett 120JZ-6 Offset Dial Caliper, 0-6" Range
No comments:
Post a Comment